The term 'Michelle de Matheu', 'The Website', 'us', 'we' or 'our' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Michelle de Matheu, is the owner of this website and is responsible for your personal data.
2. CONTACT INFORMATION
Trading Name: Michelle de Matheu
Owner: This business and website is managed by Michelle de Matheu
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
Michelle de Matheu processes certain types of personal data which may include the following. Please note: Personal data means any information that may allow you to be identified and does not include anonymised data.
- Identity Data: Full name, gender, job title, profession, your business name and the purpose of your business.
- Contact Data: Email address, telephone number, Skype Address, Social media handles, postal address, billing address.
- Sensitive Data: Details about your general health and wellbeing in relation to the goals you wish to set within a coaching service.
- Financial Data: Bank account and payment card details (through Stripe online payments)
- Technical Data: Internet protocol addresses IP, web browser type and version, operating system, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone, location.
- Usage Data: Information about how you use our website (automatically collected).
4. PERSONAL DATA WE DO NOT COLLECT
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you which includes information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, sexual life, or details of criminal offences.
5. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Direct communications and online forms: In order to make a general enquiry, to sign up to our monthly email newsletter or to book a free consultation on this site, you may be asked to provide data which includes your name and email address. You may also be asked about your general health and wellbeing in relation to the goals you wish to set within a coaching service (although sharing this information through this website is optional and doesn't impair your ability to work with me).
Data from third parties. In order to fulfil functions of this site we may, on occasion need to share data with the following third parties:
- Google Analytics: Collects Technology Data and Usage Data to help us ensure your experience using this site functions to the best of its ability.
- Mailchimp: Collects Contact Data (email and name) to fulfil your optional request to receive our monthly email newsletter.
- Stripe and PayPal: May collect Financial Data, Contact Data and Information Data in order to process payments for services. Please note: Payments details are encrypted using SSL technically (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when using this technology).
- Advisers, consultants and technicians. This may include IT specialists, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers and accountants.
- Regulators and authorities. For example HM Revenue & Customs or other UK authorities that require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
6. HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Answering enquiries
- Marketing (if you have optionally signed up to our email newsletter)
- Booking consultations and using services
- Taking payments of services
All data will only be used for the purpose in which it is collected.
7. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some of the third party service providers Michelle de Matheu uses are not based within Costa Rica. This means that your data will involve transfer outside the country.
If we transfer your personal data out of Costa Rica, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- Where we use providers based in Europe, we may transfer data to them if they work in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Please email us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of Costa Rica.
9. KEEPING DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- We store your Data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technically (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when using this technology).
Technical and organisational measure include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss of unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. DATA RETENTION
For enquiries, your data will be deleted within 6 months of your enquiry being made, or until your enquiry has been adequately dealt with.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
11. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access. The right to request (i) copes of the information we hold out you at any time or (ii) that modify, updates or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive". Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct. The right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase. The right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data. The right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability. The right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to Object. The right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set above or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority in your country.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period in which we hold it.
12. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.